Saturday, March 31, 2012

Japanese Drama - Hana Yori Dango

Hana Yori Dango 花より男子



Also known as: Boys Before Flowers / Boys Over Flowers


Rating: 9.0/10




CAST:



Inoue Mao as Makino Tsukushi
Matsumoto Jun as Domyoji Tsukasa
Oguri Shun as Hanazawa Rui
Matsuda Shota as Nishikado Sojiro


About the Drama:






Makino Tsukushi is the only poor girl at a an upper-class high school full of rich kids and dominated by four of the wealthiest, a group of four guys known as the F4, or Flower 4. All that Makino wants to do is escape the attention of her shallow classmates and stay under the F4′s radar until graduating, but when the F4 go after a friend of hers, she can’t take it any more, and fate steps in to throw her and the leader of the F4, Domyoji, together


Comments:


So far I have watched both the Taiwanese and also the Korean version of this show on top of the Japanese version. I guess I am still a fan of the Korean version most, followed by the Japanese version.




I watched this with English sub titles. The lead actor even though is not as handsome as the korean lead actor in Boys over Flowers, has done so well in bringing out the character of Domyoji, his aggressive and rash character is strongly shown in his acting. I keep mistaking him as the same actor for "My Handsome Butler" (Shinonono Mei Mei), but they are actually 2 different person.

The feelings that I felt when watching the Japanese version is not as strong, I think it might be due to the fact that the Japanese version was done in very short series with only 9 episodes.

Hanazawa Rui is not as cool in Hana Yori Dango, but nevertheless, his feelings for Makino is very obvious. I find the story of the apple very ridiculas. How can Rui actually believe Domyoji??

No comments:

Post a Comment